Speed your setups with fast, accurate grinding wheel measurements
Do you want an extremely economical — but precise! — wheel measuring machine that relies on the operator to know what he needs to measure and how to use the information? Would you prefer a slightly pricier machine that guides you through each wheel measurement and outputs the information in a clear report? How about completely automatic wheel measurement and data output right to your tool grinder? ZOLLER has a solution for all your needs and every budget.
For most users in the US and Canada, the logical choice is the »smile« machine running ZOLLER’s »pilot 4.0« software:
- Three levels of automation:
- You move the camera manually, but the software visually guides you through each measurement. The camera focuses automatically and the dynamic cross-hair automatically finds the edge of the wheel and (when appropriate) the radius. No programming needed!
- You move the camera manually as above, but the machine automatically rotates the wheel and the software automatically measures the “high point” OD and corner radii. The software also automatically eliminates a reasonable amount of dust, swarf, or hair from the measurement
- Full CNC for fully automatic measurement
- Precision ground SK 50 spindle with integrated calibration ball—Spindle runout repeatability ≤2 µm (0.00008”)
- Integrated calibration ball on each measuring adapter (i.e. the adapter that holds your wheel adapter in the SK 50 spindle). Automatic calibration routine takes only 2 seconds
- Optional »pcs« (“positive clamping system”) spindle enables near-perfect clamping of a wide variety of adapters. In other words, you don’t “stack up” TIR by adding an adapter to interface each of your tool/wheel holders. The standard SK 50 spindle plus adapter combination reliably measures wheels to within 5 microns (2 tenths). So the »pcs« spindle is probably overkill for that application. But if you also want to use the machine to measure profile tools, the »pcs« spindle is an excellent option.
- Easy data export to a printed report, pdf, database and/or directly to ANCA, Rollomatic, and NUMROTO grinding software
- Cutting edge and tool profile measuring capability—Adjustable light intensity for edge inspection
- 24″ touch screen monitor, plus mouse and full keyboard interface
- Heidenhain glass scales in the linear axes
- THK linear guideways
- Convenient storage cabinet
- Shop floor durability with a one year warranty
If you want one machine to handle both wheel and tool measuring, and you need to measure cutting tool end-face geometries and features like rake angle, then you’ll want the ZOLLER »genius 3«.