We offer WALTER tool grinder parts, tele-service, major repairs, & complete rebuilds…Better & more economical!
- For WALTER electronic parts (pre-FANUC), our pricing is 30-50% less and we stock it! That includes items like Indramat drive amplifiers, personality cards, TFT displays, control panels, and power supplies. We also have parts for the old HMC 150, 200, & 300 controls. Most parts are guaranteed for 2 years.
- Mechanical parts are also less, though the difference may not be as great and delivery varies. Still, we’re often a much better source for grinding spindles and generally have critical components in stock for WALTER machines, including linear guides, ball screws, bearings, seals, and bellows. Toolroom Solutions also has a good stock of parts for older “pre-Power” WALTER machines.
- We can perform tele-service, control upgrades, major repairs, and complete rebuilds on your shop floor. We can even turn a Power 400 or 500 machine into a fully modern grinder, with 3D simulation, auto-loading and wheel changing. Yet we’re faster & cheaper, because our technicians are the best in the business, with decades of experience and a deep love for the technology. (Alas, we’re all older than the guy pictured on the home page!) The only thing you have to worry about is getting on the schedule because our experts are in demand around the world.
The big news is our Power NUMROTO solution
“Operators will love this machine”—Dave Huneke, Classic Tool & Sharpening
- Besides a complete rebuild of a WALTER Helitronic Power HMC 500 machine with all new rails, ball screws, ball screw bellows, bearings, worm gears, way covers, workhead taper, and grinding spindle—with expert alignment to factory specifications—we deliver many upgrades:
- World-class NUM Flexium control, drives, and motors
- World-class NUMROTO software for endmills and drills of all types, with full 3D simulation, running on a…
- Rocket-fast PC with Windows 10—There’s no lag time between an edit and machine start!
- Modern PLC based on EtherCAT for safe operation with added convenience and reduced cycle time
- The machine locks the door automatically at cycle start. There’s no need for the operator to lock the door and then press cycle start
- You can cycle start from any position. The machine doesn’t have to “go home” before starting a cycle
- You can turn the coolant on with one push of a button at any point
- Redesigned front panel with 24” TFT touch screen for an excellent view of both the 3D tool simulation and the machine movements, plus easy to read menus. Yet the operator panel is very close to the original so operators will feel at home. All functions are similar, and in some cases easier.
- Electronic coolant valves keep the air and oil separated
- A mobile handwheel to control the axes from inside the machine or outside for easy setup
- Upgraded touch probe measures everything from K-land to coolant holes
- Additional wheel probe measures wheel length position and diameter—And you can measure the OD in as many places as you’d like to get a true max
- See brief video intro here
- Our service covers Tschudin cylindrical grinders, ELB surface grinders, and Maho MH and Hurco VMX milling machines. We specialize in the full range of WALTER tool grinders, and tool grinding parts, new and old, including, the:
- Helitronic Power, Mini Power, and Vision machines (with HMC 400, 500, 600 and FANUC controls)
- Helitronic 45
- Helitronic 55
- Helitronic 50
- Helitronic 35
Plus key items for all machines
- Preformed carbide blanks…Virtually any geometry…Any carbide grade…In 5-6 days
- High tech coolant nozzles from Cool-Grind – one of the simplest yet significant improvements you can make. Save time, improve your tools, cut your coolant needs, and extend the life of your grinding wheels! See more here.
- Flexible storage solutions from ROUSSEAU MÉTAL. Built here in North America with quality and versatility that is “out of his world.” See more here.